Congratulations to the winner of $10,000!
One ticket bought from a members of The Next Stop — her longtime family friend and neighbor
Thank you to each person who bought a ticket. Your support is priceless to us!
What’s The Next Stop?
The Next Stop is a 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization serving adults with special needs. Did you know that when these adults turn 22 years old, school services end?
When the school bus stops coming, we are… The Next Stop. In an effort to prevent reversals in developmental gains achieved through the school years, The Next Stop continues the growth and learning in a peer- and mentor-supported environment built around a consistent and affordable program structure.
The Next Stop provides a place for adults with special needs to laugh, learn, and enjoy friendships in a fulfilling and challenging way. This vibrant program offers goal oriented activities, learning opportunities, and personalized mentorship to our members.
Our objectives are to enrich and expand the lives of our members by:
- Fostering each member’s independence during tasks.
- Encouraging members to not only participate in, but also initiate activities and make decisions.
- Familiarizing members with specific daily life experiences such as cooking, following directions and rules, housekeeping, and health habits.
- Helping members develop leadership skills.
- Providing community in a supportive, reliable social network.
- Encouraging personal growth with mentored behavioral modeling.
- Providing purposeful activities that are meaningful to our members such as service projects, music, party planning, competitions, current event themes, etc.
The cost to serve each member of The Next Stop is $47 per day.
The Next Stop Foundation Contact Information
Site Address: 3640 Burnette Road (Suwanee Sports Academy), Suwanee, GA 30024
Mailing Address: 4416 Longmead Road, Flowery Branch, GA 30542
Key Contact: Vicki LaRoche, Executive Director, 404-932-3953, [email protected]
Web Address: www.thenextstop.org (raffle ticket(s) can be purchased here)