The Next Stop members, their families and The Next Stop have been selling Dream Vacation Raffle tickets for 2 months. But one of our golf tournament participants who bought their raffle ticket Monday morning during our annual golf tournament, was the winner Monday night!
Mary Huff of Flowery Branch, Georgia, and her foursome were enjoying the evening festivities of our fundraising day, when they decided it was time to go on home. After all, of all the 30 raffle prizes that had just been given out, they hadn’t won any. They decided they were tired and it was pointless to stay for the Dream Vacation Raffle drawing.
While Mary was still in the parking lot, she received a text from another friend still inside that she had won! Assuming it was a joke, she drove home. By the time she reached home, there was a message from co-founder Stu LaRoche that she was going on a vacation! Mary got back in her car….and returned to receive her prize!
Congratulations Mary! We can’t wait to know where this travel money will take you and your husband Roy!
What’s The Next Stop?
When the school bus stops coming, we are… The Next Stop. In an effort to prevent reversals in developmental gains achieved through the school years, The Next Stop continues the growth and learning in a peer- and mentor-supported environment built around a reliable, affordable program structure.
The Next Stop provides a place for adults with special needs to laugh, learn, and enjoy friendships in a fulfilling and challenging way. This vibrant program offers goal oriented activities, learning opportunities, and personalized mentorship to our members.
Our objectives are to enrich and expand the lives of our members by:
- Fostering each member’s independence during tasks.
- Encouraging members to not only participate in, but also initiate activities and make decisions.
- Familiarizing members with specific daily life experiences such as cooking, following directions and rules, housekeeping, and health habits.
- Helping members develop leadership skills.
- Providing community in a supportive, reliable social network.
- Encouraging personal growth with mentored behavioral modeling.
- Providing purposeful activities that are meaningful to our members such as service projects, music, party planning, competitions, current event themes, etc.
The Next Stop Foundation Contact Information
Site Address: 3640 Burnette Road (Suwanee Sports Academy), Suwanee, GA 30024
Mailing Address: 4416 Longmead Road, Flowery Branch, GA 30542
Key Contact: Vicki LaRoche, Program Director, 404-932-3953, [email protected]
Web Address: www.thenextstop.org (raffle ticket(s) can be purchased here)